CTO℗ - Cold thermal oxidation is an innovative technology covered by international patent, and through specific formulation of the oxides and the catalyst substrate, allows simultaneously to achieve:
- Effects of thermal desorption (with evolution of temperatures comparable to conventional processes),
- Effects of inerting;
therefore differs substantially from the common treatment processes for the following three reasons, the object of patent claims:
- Criteria for the characterization and selection of the reagent (CaO) balanced with other minerals;
- control and modulation of the temperature in deficit of oxygen (with modulated temperatures from 60 ° to 500 ° C);
- Monitoring of emissions and releases.
After treatment, the recovered materials can be exploitable for reuse.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
CTO℗ - Cold Thermal Oxidation, addresses the following environmental sectors:
- Remediation of contaminated sites;
- Waste treatment.
CTO℗ - Cold Thermal Oxidation, with different temperatures depending on the type of treatment, is addressed to the treatment and recovery of:
- Residues of industrial processes including hydrocarbon compounds, including asphaltene and organic chemicals, solid, semisolid, pasty and / or muddy,
- Land and inert contaminated by hydrocarbon organic matrices,
- Sludges generated by municipal and industrial water treatment,
- Waste from municipal solid wet, differentiated and undifferentiated, and vegetals,
- Animal manure and agricultural waste acids.
CTO℗ - Cold Thermal Oxidation produces:
- the sterilization and drying of wet residue;
- oxidation of organic compounds, independently of their nature structure and consistency;
- the irreversible fixing of any heavy metals present in the eluates;
- enhancement and recovery of the material resulting from the treatment.